Monday, December 13, 2004

We saw the Smothers Brothers last night

And we had a sudden realization as we sat in the car before the show. You see, we were a little bit early so we decided to sit and listen to the last few minutes of "Da Bucks" game. As we watched the people file into the concert hall I looked at my husband and said, "Oh my God! Look at this crowd! We're middle-aged!" My husband thanked me for pointing out that fact and we limped in to our seats. Which were, by the way, 5th row middle, excellent! We could see the glimmer in the Bros eyes, and they were really great. Before the show I wondered if they (the Bros) had given up completely on their politcal humor. If they were "on board" for the war. I remember them being very political when I watched them as a kid. They did not disappoint as they managed to weave a few barbs at the present state of affairs into their act. Such as stating that "lying is national policy." They were great and we really had a great time.

No comments: