Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The "soul" of a lawyer.

Well, here it is folks! Here is a PRIME EXAMPLE of what's in the "heart" and "soul" of a LAWYER:

"Monday, August 29, 2005

I can't get local counsel in New Orleans to answer their phone, and I don't know why. I wrote a few weeks ago about the incompetence of local counsel in cities across the country, and this is just the latest example. They'd better have a good reason for this, and it had better be more than just some rain."


This was written the day a cat 4-5 hurricane had hit the city. All this cold-hearted orb could think about was himself.

Want to be sick to your stomach? Read this bastard's musings: Anonymous Lawyer

(Update: After I sent an email to this joker telling him what a piece of crap I thought he was he removed his post from 8/29. Ha! What's that? An attack of conscience? Oh, but wait -- this is a LAWYER we're talking about -- no conscience there.)

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: I was so incensed this morning when I read the Anonymous Lawyer's 8/29 post that I sent him this email:

"> "I can't get local counsel in New Orleans to answer
> their phone, and I don't know why. I wrote a few
> weeks ago about the incompetence of local counsel in
> cities across the country, and this is just the
> latest example. They'd better have a good reason for
> this, and it had better be more than just some
> rain."
>
> Well -- happy jackass? Is the total devastation
> they have suffered a "good reason" for you selfish
> one?
>
> After reading some of your blog -- couldn't read
> much as it was so disgusting -- you are a rotten
> excuse for a human being. May your karma come back
> to you tenfold!"


He replied to me with the following:

"The post went too far and I've removed it. I wrote it
on Monday, unaware of how devastating the storm would
turn out to be. The blog is fiction, but even fiction
can go too far, and even the cruelest law firm partner
would be hard pressed to be as callous as that post
ended up making him seem. I apologize for it."


An apology? From a LAWYER? Hmmm, maybe that blog IS FICTION! What do you think?

No comments: