Thursday, November 11, 2004

Mobocracy

I don’t know about everyone else, but if I have to hear one more politician or talking head say something about Democracy, I may start shooting. During and after the S-election, all I have heard is the mindless chant of Democracy. If it’s not from the right wing neo-cons who “won” the fiasco, it’s from the other side whining about how Democracy was stolen.

The funny part is, Democracy accomplished just what it was intended to accomplish, mob rule! It’s hysterical that someone is complaining that the election was not fair, when all elections are not fair. Is it ever fair that 51% of the people tell the other 49% what they can do with their property?

We were intended to be a representative Republic, and I think it is treason for any government official to say otherwise. If they are going to perpetuate the lie of Democracy, they should at least call it by its rightful name, Mobocracy!

No comments: